Berat Alper Erol earned his B.S. degree in Mathematics from Kocaeli University, his MSc degree in Software Engineering from St. Mary’s University, and his MSc and PhD degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA), in 2007, 2012, and 2018, respectively. Under Mo Jamshidi’s supervision, his doctoral research at UTSA Autonomous Control Engineering Laboratories has been sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Bank of America and 80|20 Foundation. After his doctoral program, he worked as a post-doctoral research associate in TECHLAV DoD Center of Excellence in Autonomy at North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, USA. During his post-doctoral assignment, Dr. Erol was a member of the team which delivered a DoD contract, and worked in a few multi-institutional research grants including AFRL, Georgia Tech Research Institute, Lockheed Martin Corporation and NASA Langley Research Center. His current research interests include manned-unmanned teaming, unmanned autonomous systems, intelligent robotics, machine learning, testing and evaluation (TRL5 +), human robot interactions, and the Internet of robotic things. He is a Member of the IEEE, AIAA, and IEEE Eta Kappa Nu honor society.
Berat Alper Erol
- B.Sc. : Mathematics, Kocaeli University (2007)
- M.Sc. : Software Engineering, St. Mary’s University(2012)
- M.Sc. : Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at San Antonio(2012)
- Ph.D. : Electrical Engineering, The University of Texas at San Antonio(2018)
- IZTECH Computer Engineering Dept., Gulbahce, 35430 Urla, İzmir, Turkey
- +90 232 750 7846