Selma Tekir studied B.S. in Computer Engineering at Ege University. She received her M.S. in Computer Engineering from Izmir Institute of Technology. In 2009, she worked as a visiting researcher at Faculty of Computer Science Chair for Databases, Data Analysis and Visualization at University of Konstanz-Germany. Tekir received a PhD in computer engineering from Ege University in 2010. Her research interests include text mining, news analysis, overlapping community detection, and information warfare. Currently, she is working as an associate professor at Izmir Institute of Technology Department of Computer Engineering.
- B.Sc. : Computer Engineering, Ege University (2001)
- M.Sc. : Computer Engineering, Izmir Institute of Technology (2004)
- Ph.D. : Computer Engineering, Ege University (2010)
- Toprak, M., Özkahraman, Ö., Tekir, S., "A News Chain Evaluation Methodology along with a Lattice-based Approach for News Chain Construction," EMNLP Workshop: Natural Language Processing meets Journalism, 2017.
- Sezerer, E., Tekir, S., "A Relativistic Opinion Mining Approach to Detect Factual or Opinionated News Sources," International Conference on Big Data Analytics and Knowledge Discovery, DaWaK, 2017.
- Sevgili, Ö., Nima, G., Tekir, S., "N-Hance at SemEval-2017 Task 7: A Computational Approach using Word Association for Puns," International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation, SemEval, 2017.
- Yafay, E., Tekir, S., "Sosyal Çizgeler İçin Arama Motoru Geliştirilmesi," Ulusal Yazılım Mühendisliği Sempozyumu, UYMS, 2016.
- Türkmen, S., Yalın, H., Tekir, S. "Bir Platform Oyununa Kullanıcı Performansı Temelinde Yapay Zeka Uyarlaması," Ulusal Yazılım Mühendisliği Sempozyumu, UYMS, 2015.
- Tuğlular, T., Velibeyoğlu, K., Tekir, S., "Izmir Bilgi Toplumu Temelli Kalkinma Stratejisi," İzmir Kalkinma Ajansi (IZKA), 2013.
- Tuğlular, T., Tekir, S., Velibeyoğlu, K., "Mapping Information and Communication Sector in Izmir: Exploring Clustering Potential," Knowledge Cities World Summit, KCWS, 2013.
- Tuğlular, T., Velibeyoğlu, K., Tekir, S., “İzmir Bilgi Toplumu Temelli Kalkınma Stratejisi - Knowledge-based Sustainable Development Strategy for Izmir,” İzmir Kalkınma Ajansı (İZKA), 2013.
- Tekir, S., "Reading CS Classics," Communications of the ACM, vol.55, no.4, pp.32-34, April 2012.
- Tekir, S., Mansmann, F., Keim, D., "Geodesic Distances for Clustering Linked Text Data," Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing Research, vol.2, no.4, 2012.
- Tekir, S., "Overt Information Operations During Peacetime," European Conference on Information Warfare and Security, ECIW, 2012.
- Aslanoğlu, R., Tekir, S., "Recent Cyberwar Spectrum and its Analysis," European Conference on Information Warfare and Security, ECIW, 2012.
- Tekir, S., Mansmann, F., Keim, D., "Geodesic distances for web document clusterin," IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining, CIDM, 2011.
- Tekir, S., "Open Source Intelligence Analysis A Methodological Approach," VDM Verlag, 2009.
- Koltuksuz, A., Tekir, S., "Intelligence Analysis Modeling," International Conference on Hybrid Information Technology, ICHIT, 2006.
- Tekir, S., Eren, S., "Information Organization in the Business World," IMDA World Business Congress, 2006.
- Kurtel, K., Tekir, S., Atay, S., "Lojistik Merkezi Güvenlik Gereksinimleri, XML ve Sayısal İmza," Ulusal Elektronik İmza Sempozyumu, 2006.
- Tekir, S., "Open Source Exploitation in Producing Intelligence," International Symposium on Information Technology, ISIT, 2005.
- Tekir, S., Koltuksuz, A., "Bilgi Sistemleri Bilim ve Teknolojisine Dayali Acik Kaynak Istihbarati ve Bir Uygulama Modeli," Polis Bilişim Sempozyumu, 2005.
- Koltuksuz, A., Atay, S., Tapucu, D., Tekir, S., Demiray, O., Asarcıklı, S., Hışıl, H., "Bilgi Sistemleri Güvenliği Dersi," Akademik Bilişim, 2005.
- IZTECH Computer Engineering Dept., Gulbahce, 35430 Urla, İzmir, Turkey
- +90 232 750 7886