Işıl Öz received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in computer engineering from Marmara University. She received the Ph.D. degree in computer engineering at Bogazici University. After completing her Ph.D. studies, she worked as a postdoctoral researcher, ERCIM/Marie Curie Fellow, at Swedish Institute of Computer Science (SICS). She joined IZTECH Computer Engineering Department in 2018. Her research interests include computer architecture, performance and reliability of multi-core systems, and fault-tolerant computing.
Assistant Professor / Vice Chair
- B.Sc. : Computer Engineering, Marmara University (2004)
- M.Sc. : Computer Engineering, Marmara University (2008)
- Ph.D. : Computer Engineering, Boğaziçi University (2013)
- Öz, I., “Analyzing Fault Behavior of Shared Data in Parallel Applications,” Microprocessors and Microsystems - Embedded Hardware Design, vol.45, pp.67-80, August 2016.
- Öz, I., Topçuoğlu, H.R., Ermiş, M., “A Meta-heuristic Based Three-dimensional Path Planning Environment for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” Simulation, vol.89, no.8, pp.903-920, 2013.
- Öz, I., Topçuoğlu, H.R., Kandemir, M.T., Tosun, O., “Thread Vulnerability in Parallel Applications,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol.72, no.10, pp.1171-1185, October 2012.
- Öz, I., Topçuoğlu, H.R., Kandemir, M.T., Tosun, O., “Reliability-aware Core Partitioning in Chip Multiprocessors,” Journal of Systems Architecture - Embedded Systems Design, vol.58, no.3-4, pp.160-176, March 2012.
- Öz, I., Gil, M., Utreta, G., Matorell, X., “Exploring Memory Error Vulnerability for Parallel Programming Models,” Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics, PPAM, 2015.
- Bhatti, M.K., Öz, I., Muddukrishna, A., Popov, K., Brorsson, M., “Noodle: A Heuristic Algorithm for Task Scheduling in MPSoC Architectures,” Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design, DSD, 2014.
- Öz, I., Topçuoğlu, H.R., Kandemir, M.T., Tosun, O., “Examining Thread Vulnerability analysis using fault-injection,” IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration, VLSI-SoC, 2013.
- Öz, I., Topçuoğlu, H.R., Kandemir, M.T., Tosun, O., “Performance-reliability tradeoff analysis for multithreaded applications,” Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition, DATE, 2012.
- Öz, I., Topçuoğlu, H.R., Kandemir, M.T., Tosun, O., “Quantifying Thread Vulnerability for Multicore Architectures,” International Euromicro Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing, PDP, 2011.
- Hasırcıoğlu, I., Topçuoğlu, H.R., Ermiş, M., “3-D path planning for the navigation of unmanned aerial vehicles by using evolutionary algorithms,” Annual Conference on Genetic and evolutionary computation, 2008.
- IZTECH Computer Engineering Dept., Gulbahce, 35430 Urla, İzmir, Turkey
- +90 232 750 7879